Alberto Del Biondi s.p.a. is based in the center of Luxury Footwear Area.
The footwear of the Riviera del Brenta originates from Venetians “Calegheri” in ‘1200 although it has had its full development in the late XIX century.
The real start dates back to 1898 when Giovanni Luigi Voltan, based on the experience gained in the most important footwear industries in United States, gave life in Stra’ to the first footwear industrial complex of Italy. This example was soon followed by others, professionally trained by the “school” of Luigi Voltan, starting similar experiences.
After the Second World War the Riviera Del Brenta witnesses the proliferation of footwear work even if, at the beginnning, the quality of production was not the highest.
The technological and organizational revolution is given by the introduction of new industrial machines and the organizational and work control techniques; this is also favored by the birth of the MEC and the opening of large foreign markets.
Today almost 500 SMEs operate in the field covering the entire production chain with about 10,000 employees. The annual production counts 19 millions pairs; 95% are luxury or dressy women’s footwear, and the remaining 5% is for dressy men’s shoes. The turnover currently exceed 1.6 billion euros, 91% of which is for Export Market.
The specificity of Riviera del Brenta sector derives from the fact that almost all the shoes of most exclusive brands in the world market are completely design and produced in the Riviera Del Brenta Area.